Taco Pie

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This weekend I tried out a new taco-ish recipe. You see, almost once a week Dave and I have some form of tacos. Whether it be our taco bowls or tostadas, we do enjoy our Mexican food.

Last week I was on Pillsbury's website looking for fun ways to cook with biscuits. I recently made a different recipe using biscuits as pie crust (our market doesn't sell pre-made pie crust, instead 12 kinds of phyllo dough), and felt inspired. I actually found quite a few recipes I'd like to try, but started with taco pie.



You can find the recipe here. A few alterations as usual. I don't have a pizza pan, so used a pie dish. I also couldn't find chopped green chiles, but Dave and I love chipotle in adobo, so I used a couple of those instead. I also added avocado to our toppings. I might pick up some sour cream next time too.

Anyway, it was delish! The hubs inhaled three slices, and I had one, plus a little extra myself.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment