Crochet Projects

Saturday, April 20, 2013

I mentioned in my OTG Update a while back that I started crocheting. I started this little hobby after seeing crocheted and knitted headbands online for sale. They were so cute, but I just couldn't spend the money on something I thought I could do myself. So, I started researching found some great YouTube channels specifically for crocheting.

I found two that I really like: Crochet Hooks You and Bob Wilson 123. Both of these ladies have great online tutorials. After finding a "teacher" I headed to the yarn shop up the street from my office. I picked up a crochet hook, and two balls of yarn to get started.

My current yarn stash
First two projects
I've come a long way since my first couple of projects, and luckily, I have a great model, too.




I'm still creating new headband designs, but my next big project is a blanket. And, not just any blanket, we have plenty of those, but a hooded blanket. Who doesn't want a blanket with a hood? Awesome, right?

Have a great OTGS, ya'll. See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment