Picture Ledge Inspiration

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lately, the husband has been working on some DIY projects around the house. Checking things off of that honey-do list. Isn't he great? Anyways, all of this creativity in the atmosphere got me to thinking of other things that I'd like for our home, that he might be able to whip up for me.

We have some photos that since we moved in, in August, have just been propped on the ledge in our bedroom. While it doesn't look too bad, I'd love to either hang them or give them a shelf of their own! And then it came to me, we need a picture ledge for the wall! These are ever so popular lately, but I just can't resist some decoration in our bedroom that we haven't really done anything with since moving in.

I found these pictures for inspiration, and sent them to Dave for his opinion, since he's going to be the one crafting this project.

First I thought a floating ledge was what I wanted. Like this:

West Elm
Then, I saw this larger ledge that could hold some nick-nacks too.

Young House Love
And, then, I found these great brackets.

Restoration Hardware
As you can see, I'm a bit scattered in my vision. How will it turn out? You'll have to check back to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment