Noelle's First Easter

Friday, April 5, 2013

I have been slacking majorly on the writing lately, but am trying to pick up the pace a bit. For whatever reason my blog motivation has been at an all time low. I have plenty to write about, but just haven't been able to drag myself to the computer and put my fingers to the keys. Anyways, whats important is that I'm here now.


Celebrating Noelle's first Easter was very low key. Over the course of the past few weeks she received Easter baskets from Nene and Da, as well as Cammy and TBD. Without knowing, both sets of Grandparents got Noelle singing and dancing "stuffed" (with a battery pack, not so snuggly) animals. Noelle is a bit young to really appreciate them now (as you'll see in the video with the bunny) but they'll be fun keepsakes to pull out for many Easters to come. They sure did act as good props though for our mini Easter photo shoot.




On Easter we went to the suburbs for a small Easter gathering with those of us left in Illinois. It was actually really nice just the six of us. Great Aunt Pam put together a little Easter basket hunt for Sophia and Noelle. Sophia lead the way, showing Noelle how it's done, and found their baskets outside. They're pals already!


Pam had a big spread including the traditional "pot-o-meat" and horseradish for brunch, and I provided dessert. This year I decided that, with our new family, I would start our own Easter tradition. Pistachio cake has always been a favorite in my family, so I decided that with it's light green color it would be the perfect Easter dessert. I promise, although it may sound strange, it is delicious. Here is the recipe.

cake ingredients:
1 yellow cake mix
1 package pistachio instant pudding
1 cup club soda
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 cup walnuts, chopped

how to:
mix together (beat about 3 minutes)
grease 9X13 pan
bake at 350 degrees 40-45 minutes

frosting ingredients:
1 package pistachio instant pudding
1 cup milk

how to:
beat together
fold in 8 oz. cool whip (thawed)

*I recommend letting the cake cool in the fridge over night, though a few hours would probably be enough. It will then be ready for frosting, and you won't have to worry about it melting off the cake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment