Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars

Monday, April 15, 2013

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was fantastic. A lazy day around the house on Saturday, and a few errands plus a trip to the dog park on Sunday!

Last week I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars. I bookmarked it and (unlike most things that I've pinned in the past) I actually made these this weekend! We had all of the ingredients too, so I didn't even need to make a trip to the grocery store.



These bars will be great for a quick snack, or could even work as a breakfast bar if you ate a couple (depending on how large you cut them). You can get the recipe here. Since we don't drink regular milk, I used almond milk, and I also used crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy. If you like a crispier bar I would cook them a bit longer, but after 23 minutes, ours were perfectly soft. Next time, I might even add chocolate chips. YUM!

This recipe has definitely landed a place in my personal cookbook! Enjoy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment