A Little Michigan, Please

Friday, April 26, 2013

Being the good Michigander that I am, Michigan will always be my favorite place no matter how far away I am. However, it's always good to have a little mitten in the house.

Last year my sister got me the best birthday gift. A print of the great lakes using negative space to outline our  home state. Since then, it has been rolled up in it's tube waiting to be framed. It isn't a common size, so wasn't as easy as simply going to the store and purchasing a frame. Then, back in January, I came across this post over at Young House Love. I was inspired, and asked the hubs if he thought it was doable. Of course, he said yes, but like me, he's a busy guy, and couldn't make it happen immediately. Two weeks ago he presented me with his DIY picture frame.



Michigan, we know we don't get to you enough, but we can't wait to be there this summer at good old Higgins Lake!

2 comments:

  1. love it!
    I totally recognize that quilt too. That's an Aunt Irene & Grandma original right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You've got it Linds! Good memory. It made it's way all the way from Higgins Lake to Chicago. I guess it's our little Michigan room. We changed the photos in the other frame too. Now they're photos of us in Michigan.

      Delete