Corned Beef and Cabbage

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Finally! As I mentioned in my OTG update, we made Corned Beef and Cabbage for St. Paddy's Day. It was easy and delicious.

ingredients:
3-4 lbs corned beef
4 carrots, cut into thirds 
2 onions, quartered
1 head of cabbage, quartered
*These amounts should be adjusted to what will actually fit in your slow cooker. I did not think of this, and everything almost did not fit. Lesson? I need a bigger slow cooker!

how to:
put your meat and the veggies (minus the cabbage) in your cooker
cook on low for 6 hours
remove corned beef and slice into smaller pieces to be served
return corned beef to cooker
add the cabbage
cook on low for another 2 hours


The corned beef I purchased had already been cured and spiced, so all I had to do was throw it in with the veggies. It was super easy, and we had plenty left over, too. Dave actually liked it better as left overs so it had even more time to marinate. 

Next time I make this I might add some red skin potatoes, but its definitely not necessary. And, I like to dip mine in a nice, grainy, horseradishy mustard. YUM! Serve it along side of your favorite porter or stout beer, and your good to go.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment