OTG Update

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hey ya'll! Well, I'm a bit behind in my writing lately, but I've taken a bit of a break since my first OTGS. I was inspired and have definitely given my computer the back seat. We have lots of catching up to do.

First, OTGS was awesome. At the beginning of the day it was a bit strange, but when bed time rolled around I realized that I didn't miss the computer/internet too much. I find myself needing to use it less and "worrying" about it less too, actually. Today I've even been thinking that I don't need these online social media accounts at all! Keeping up is just getting to be a bit much. Wow. Did you ever think I'd say type those words?

The inaugural OTGS was also St. Paddy's Day, and my six year anniversary with Chicago. We spent the day indoors mostly. We relaxed, caught up on some tv, and tried some delicious new beers at home while our corned beef and cabbage cooked in the slow cooker. (Recipe to follow soon. SO easy!)



Since then we've managed to stay busy with a few visitors. First, with Aunt Erica in from New York. She was here on business and was nice to get the opportunity to visit with her. Then over the weekend we spent time with Dave's parents who were in town from Las Vegas. We had a lot of good meals, including our usual, and favorite, corned beef sandwiches. Noelle got lots of love during Nene and Da's time here. No doubt though not enough to last until their next visit in July.


This week I also started crocheting! I'm still very much a beginner, but it's a good outlet for my creative side, really relaxing, and enjoyable. I managed to whip up two headbands for Noelle in about a day.



Finally, I've started reading Lean In, and am so inspired. Seriously, you should probably read this. Man or woman, it doesn't really matter. I'm only part way through the book and it really has some interesting facts and observations that are beneficial to all of us in workforce today. Great food for thought!

So, that's that, really. Did any of you participate in the OTGS challenge? How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment