Another Year

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Well, the last year of my 20s has arrived. To be honest, I'm feeling really good about it, too! I had a fantastic 29th year (as my boss reminded me, now actually starts my 30th year), and just know this next year will be even better.

The year started with a ski trip in Colorado with my Father and Brother-in-law, and hubby of course! We skied Breckenridge and Beaver Creek. It was a quick trip, but so worth it to get the skis on and remind myself "I can do this."


In March we took our "spring break" trip to Naples, FL to visit my parents, and all of the great friends we have that joined them for the snowbird life. This was a jam packed week including a trip to Ft. Lauderdale to visit Dave's God Brother, and a couple days in Key West for a friends' wedding.


Over the summer months we enjoyed living by the lake and taking the dog to the park.


We celebrated the upcoming birth of our daughter with three baby showers. One here in Chicagoland with the Dave's side, one in Michigan with my side of the family, and a final shower back here in Chicago with my girlfriends.




Thankfully we managed to squeeze a very quick trip to Higgins Lake. I can't imagine a whole summer passing and not going there. I only hope it will one day be as special a place to Noelle as it is to me.

In the fall we moved, endured a big job change, and welcomed our daughter in the middle of October. Just close enough to Halloween to have a big 1st birthday with a Halloween theme this year. Daddy is excited already!


Thanksgiving was low key here in Illinois with a small group of family - those of us left here.


Christmas was spent in Michigan in the quietness of the "woods." It was so great to get away and really have some R&R. Noelle got to meet half of her Great Grandparents, and her Great Great Aunt. It was nice to be with the family in my favorite place for her first Christmas.


We spent time with the other half of the family back in Chicago, after the holiday. It's always nice to have family in town, and even more so now with a baby. It makes the holidays just that much more exciting.

New Years was the most low key one yet, and for these new parents it meant asleep before the ball dropped!


I truly had a fantastic year, and am so excited for all that this year has in store.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment