Back to The Office

Monday, January 7, 2013

I can't believe nearly three months have passed since I've sat at my desk.

The last time I sat there here, I was hoping so much that I wouldn't return the following Monday. I was so ready for our baby girl to join us. It was like I knew. At 11:30 pm that Sunday, my water broke, and off to the hospital we went.

These past few months have gone by in a flash. We've had a ton of visitors, gone on lots of "adventures" (at least for Noelle they are), and made the trek to northern Michigan for Noelle's first Christmas. She's an experienced city girl, and loves the train, or really anywhere she goes in her car seat - such a traveler! Her little personality is starting to shine, and mom and dad get lots of smiles now. It's crazy to look back at the first weeks' photos when she was a bity 6 lbs, compared to the 11 lb "big" girl she is becoming.

two weeks old
two months old
11 weeks old
While in a perfect world I'd stay at home with my munchkin, it is not, and I will return to that desk on Monday returned to work today. I have been was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to spend all of December working from home. I'd like to think that it's made the transition a bit easier than it would have been otherwise.

To even further help with this nasty transition, Noelle will spend Mondays and Friday mornings with her dad. I'm so happy that my first work day in the office she gets to be with the only person who knows her as well as I do. It will ease those nerves just a bit I hope. And, we have been lucky enough to find a nanny that we feel comfortable with, too. Hopefully Noelle will agree with us.

With a lot of support, and encouragement, I'm feeling very good half way through my work day. I managed to make it to the office without too much trouble, and was even early! The only hiccup was that I forgot my lunch, but, I guess I deserve a treat today anyways, right!?

Happy Monday!

P.S. Sorry for all the strike-throughs ... I started this blog a few days ago. One of these days I swear I'll get into a better posting routine. One thing at a time :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope the rest of your day went well. I'm sure Noelle is having (had) a great day home with Dave. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete