Vacation Jewels

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

So, as our vacation nears, I've been thinking about what I will pack, and the things we'll be doing while we're in Florida. One of the highlights of our trip is our friends' wedding in Key West!

I've decided that I'm going to wear a dress that I already have in my closet. It has kind of a palm pattern in purple, lime green, yellow, and shades in between. I have a couple of cute bangle bracelets that I'm going to wear with it, but need to find a necklace and possibly some earrings.

One of my favorite things to do before a vacation is head over to Beadnicks in Wicker Park, and make some of my own jewelry. It's a fun shop, and makes the jewelry extra special. In preparation for my upcoming stop at Beadnicks I've found some pieces online that have given me some good ideas.
These jewels are from the Archive Jewelry website. I've always admired their pieces, and thought it might be fun to try and make something similar on my own.

I've been loving the gold tones lately. I think the warm Florida sunshine, and the colors of my dress will be a great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment