Superbowl Sunday

Monday, February 6, 2012

I know there are several of you who were looking forward to my next Slow Cooker Sunday recipe however, it has been postponed until next week. If you want to look at my past SCS recipes, click here.

This Sunday we had a few friends over for a little Superbowl get together. After everyone arrived though, it became more about the super bowls of food, rather than the actual football game. We had so much fun just being in each other's company, I actually had to Google some of the commercials that people were talking about that I missed live!

Another thing I didn't do was take pictures of my food. I still wanted to share my recipes with you though, so I've listed them all below with our notes.

Appetizers
Mexican Fiesta Dip
~This is a recipe that I've had for a few years. It's absolutely delicious, and different from any other layered dip that I've tried. What makes this dip different is that you mix some chipotle in adobo sauce with the sour cream. You can do this "to taste" depending on how spicy you like your food. It really gives it a kick. Serve with tortilla chips.
Hot Corn Dip
{You can find this recipe here on my Recipe Board, or here at Gina Marie's Kitchen.}
~We tried this dip for the first time last night. Now, I realize that trying new recipes on dinner guests can be a bit risky, but didn't think I could go wrong with cheese and corn! And, I was right, success! I think each of my guests, and the hubs and I would agree that this dip was amazing! Highly recommended!
Santa Fe Salad
{You can find this recipe here on my Recipe Board, or here at Weight Watchers.}
~This salad fit really well with our menu, and I wanted to give people something healthy so we weren't just eating dip, and tacos. It was easy to throw together and the dressing is really good. I'll probably make the dressing from time to time to have on hand for any salad I make.

Dinner
The main entrees were Dave's responsibility, and he did a great job! Dave is not a recipe cook though, he cooks by feel and taste - something that I wish I was more confident at doing. Dave made skirt steak and chicken seasoned in fajita seasoning. After it came off the grill he sliced it into thin slices so everyone could build their own tacos. If you want to do this you'll need several items for fixin's: guacamole, onions, pico de gallo, cheese, sour cream, and any other items that you enjoy with your tacos.

Dessert
Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
{You can find this recipe here on my Recipe Board, or here at Taste of Home.}
~This was also a huge hit, but very rich - not that you have a problem with that! Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter anyways?!

Two of our guests also brought football sugar cookies, and cupcakes.

As you can see, we had quite a spread! It was quite the night. After everyone left, and I was cleaning up, this quote suited how I felt perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment