Shredded Chicken Tacos

Sunday, February 19, 2012

You know what another Sunday means. Another delicious slow cooker recipe!

This week I made a recipe that was found on Pinterest. You can find the recipe here at Chocolate Therapy. As usual though, I did improvise just a little bit.

1 packet fajita seasoning ~ 16 oz your favorite salsa ~ 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
mix all ingredients into your slow cooker
cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours
remove chicken from slow cooker and shred chicken ~ return to slow cooker
prepare with your favorite topings ~ we used soft taco shells, lettuce, jalapenos, sour cream and cheese

ENJOY!

UPDATED 2.20: So, I just ate the leftover shredded chicken on nachos, and oh my gosh, I think it was better the second day! It's like the flavor just developed that much more, yum! If you have leftovers, and want to try this, here is what I did.

on an oven safe plate spread a layer of tortilla chips
spread leftover shredded chicken onto chips
top with shredded cheese (I love the Mexican Chihuahua cheese!) and any other toppings you want
put nachos in oven under broiler on high until cheese is melty

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment