Chicken Caesar Salad

Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer is here, and it's time to start mixing some salads into our weeknight menu! We used to make big chicken salads with tons of delicious veggies all of the time, and somehow it has been missing for a while now. We menu planned last weekend, for the week, to ensure that we wouldn't let the lazieness take over after a long day of work, and order take-out.

We decided to make a chicken caesar salad, and it would be one of my nights to cook. What does this mean? Well, since I do not know how to grill, the chicken was getting cooked one of two ways: 1. in the oven, or 2. on the stove top. A few weeks ago we learned that our smoke detectors are quite sensitive, and since hubs wasn't home yet, stove top cooking was out of the question. I just couldn't risk them going off while I was trying to cook after Noelle went to sleep. I pulled out my trusty chicken tender recipe and got to cooking!



The salad was so delicious! The crispy chicken was an awesome compliment to the caesar salad. We'll definitely be making this more often. What are some of your favorite summer recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment