Fish Tacos

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A while back I decided to try my hand at fish tacos. They turned out great, are are husband approved! It's really simple, and a good option for a healthy, fast weeknight meal.


Ingredients:
Your favorite prepared fish fillets (I use the tortilla crusted tilapia from Costco)
Corn tortilla shells
Avocado


How To:
Prepare your coleslaw ingredients
I cook my fish in a hot skillet with EVOO
It's sort of a combo between sauteed and fried
The crust gets nice and crispy
Warm tortilla shells over burner on stove (monitor closely so not to burn)
Keep them wrapped in a cheese cloth towel until ready to serve
Mix all coleslaw ingredients
Slice avocado
Top two tortilla shells (so they don't tear) with fish, coleslaw and avocado


See, I told you this was easy! Literally, dinner is ready in about 30 minutes. You could add a side of rice, beans, chips and salsa, or any other side you like. Yum. I think this might be on our menu tomorrow!

Enjoy, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment