39 Weeks

Sunday, October 14, 2012


Well, 39 weeks, and we're still here anticipating Noelle's arrival. This weekend I did a lot of cleaning around the house. I've been trying to keep myself busy to help the time pass more quickly. I did a lot this week, and have plans made up until the time when she's supposed to join us. I'm not one to cancel, but this is one instance when I'll be totally ok with canceling plans :) 

How far along? 39 weeks. 
Total weight gain? Enough! Haha. 
Maternity clothes? Absolutely!
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep? I've been tossing and turning more this week. I think I'm just anxious at this point, and wondering when I'll wake up and it will be "the day." 
Best moment this week? This week was really great, and there were several best moments. 1. Dinner with a long lost girlfriend and lots of catching up. 2. A double date dinner at a Lebanese restaurant, Semiramis, in our neighborhood. So delish, we'll definitely be back. 3. Pizza & girls night in. 4. A pedicure. Really, is there a better week than that?
Miss anything? Cold weather jackets that fit! Haha. I think baby girl is just so snuggly and warm she doesn't want to come out. She can probably feel the cold air because my jackets don't close all the way. 
Movement? Mostly when I eat or drink something. Otherwise, she's packed pretty tightly in there. 
Food cravings? Not really. The cold weather is making me want soup more though. One day this week I had grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch - it was perfect!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nah. 
Labor signs? Not really. Some cramping and, probably, mild contractions, but nothing so consistent that it has made me call the doctor.
Symptoms? Swelling, water retention, and soreness now that little miss is getting bigger. (Same as last week. I don't really expect this to change until baby is here.)
Belly Button in or out? In! 
Wedding rings on or off? Off. 
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy. It's been a great week!
Looking forward to? Baby girl's arrival. I'm hoping that my "last" scheduled doctors appointment on Friday is one I won't have to attend :)

Hopefully we have less than one week left for this part of the journey. We are so ready for our little girl to join our family, and go from the four of us, to five (you can't forget the creatures)! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys - hopefully little Noelle makes her arrival soon. I'm sure its so hard waiting at this point. I'll be thinking of you lots this week!

    ReplyDelete