37 Weeks

Monday, October 1, 2012

Aside from the obvious reasons, I love having a live-in EMT! Why you ask? A stethoscope at home! It's been really fun in the past week listening to Noelle's little heart pump away before going to sleep. She's finally snug enough in her little home that we can hear her heart with our basic stethoscope. It's very cool!

Now that we're at the 37 week mark, our baby girl can join us anytime, and she'd no longer be a preemie. I'll tell ya, while I know it's best for her to cook for the full 40 weeks, the commuting certainly isn't getting any easier, so if she did come a bit early I would not be disappointed.

How far along? 37 weeks. 
Total weight gain? About 32 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Absolutely!
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep? Mostly sleeping pretty well. If I wake up in the middle of the night uncomfortable though, it's pretty hard to fall back asleep immediately. 
Best moment this week? Lots of time with girlfriends. A sushi dinner (nothing raw for me), and Noelle's final baby shower. 
Miss anything? Wearing all of my cute shoes. My feet are pretty scary most days. 
Movement? She's definitely getting cramped in there, but still slithering around. 
Food cravings? No new cravings this week. I am very hungry in general though. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? I have not been queasy or sick at all - fingers crossed for three more weeks!
Labor signs? Starting to have minor cramping here and there, but nothing indicating actual labor quite yet. 
Symptoms? Definitely have some swelling going on, and probably a good amount of water retention. 
Belly Button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? Off. 
Happy or moody most of the time? Mostly happy, though I did have a moment (ok, several) at work today. 
Looking forward to? More time with girlfriends this week. Dinner with a long lost Chicago friend, lunch with a west coast friend, and breakfast with some besties :) 
Hope everyone has a great week! We had a doctor appointment today, and all is well with baby girl. The waiting game is on. When do you think she'll join us? Will she be early, on time or late?

No comments:

Post a Comment