Shortbread Cookies

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's been a while since I've done some baking, and was rummaging through my cupboards the other day to see what I could pull together. With not much to go in the cookies, I decided on a basic shortbread cookie. I love a good shortbread cookie, and think I have found my favorite recipe.

Foodnetwork was my first stop, and I came across Ina Garten's recipe. I did not do the chocolate dipping, I'm more of a purist when it comes to shortbread. Otherwise though, follow this recipe and you'll be enjoying some shortbread in no time!





3/4 lb unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt








pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
mix butter and sugar in electric mixer until combined ~ add vanilla
sift flour and salt together in medium bowl ~ add to butter/sugar/vanilla mixture until dough forms
on a dusted surface form dough into disc ~ wrap in plastic & refrigerate for 30 minutes
roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick ~ cut into your favorite shape with cookie cutters
place cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle with sugar
bake for 20-25 minutes until edges begin to brown
let cookies cool

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment