Back With a Bang

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Well, it has been quite some time since I've written here at all, let alone regularly.

We've had a busy month since spring break. A promotion for me, back to work and school for the hubs, and the most recent news, we're expecting! Our little one will join us in late October, just in time for Halloween, and we'll be able to stop calling it by gender neutral terms in early June.

I've made it through the first trimester, and the weeks are definitely starting to pass more quickly. Hopefully the first trimester symptoms will be gone soon too. I'm ready to have a bit more energy, and to have my appetite back, though I will say I am thankful for no morning sickness.

At eight weeks the little one looked a lot more like a circus peanut than a baby ...
... but thankfully, in just four more weeks (12 week ultrasound) baby's starting
to look like a little human in there!

We're thrilled for the newest addition to our family, and hopefully the creatures are too. I feel very lucky that we are healthy, and am looking forward to that continuing. We have a great support system of family and friends, and will try to enjoy the next six months of being just us as much as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Wow this post brought tears to my eyes Mal. I'm so so happy for you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mal and Dave!!! Buddha and I are doing a happy dance in your honor!!! Hugs! - Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mal! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete