Fall is for Pumpkin

Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's no secret that fall is my favorite season. And, no, it's not because of Halloween (though I have been having fun at the shop making Halloween accessories). I love fall because the weather cools down, the leaves start to change into glowing shades of yellow, orange and red, and you can have pumpkin anything! I love pumpkin.

In this month's Food Network Magazine they provided an insert for '50 Things to make with Canned Pumpkin.' Yes, this is heaven. I've only tried one of the recipes so far (hubs isn't a huge pumpkin fan unless it's in the pie form) because it's hard to eat so much pumpkin by yourself without it going bad first. Here is Pumpkin Oatmeal! SOOO GOOD.

I apologize that this picture is awful. In my defense, oatmeal is really hard to photograph, and I hadn't even thought about the blog when I snapped this shot.
1 ½ milk
1 cup instant oats
½ cup canned pumpkin
*Simmer the above
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (I feel like you could put more than this if you wanted)
Pinch of salt
*Stir and let thicken

I threw some blueberries and banana in mine…YUM!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment