Revisiting Change

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A while back I wrote a post about change. Recently I've been thinking about this a lot, and went to the Internet for some inspiration.

While searching, I found a great blog, Explore for a Year. This blog is written by a woman who left her 9-5 to travel, and writes about "clarity, happiness and pursuing your dreams." In one post, 45 Quotes to Inspire Change, I found just what I was looking for in order to revisit change.

Here are some quotes that I think are most reflective of how I'm feeling currently.

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." Jim Rohn - entrepreneur, author, motivational speaker
*Nothing we do is by chance. We make decisions, and move forward. Each decision determines where we will arrive next.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." Elbert Hubbard - writer, publisher, artist, philosopher
*I love this one. So often we're fearful of making mistakes. I think in a lot of cases that fear can really hold us back from becoming who we were meant to be or doing what we were meant to do.

"As soon as anyone starts telling you to be "realistic," cross that person off your invitation list." John Eliot - professor of psychology, author
*On a daily basis I make decisions based on how practical or realistic the choice is. These words are helpful in reminding us that sometimes we need to take that leap.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." Gerard Way - My Chemical Romance
*Plain and simple - so true.

When we reflect, or look to make a decision or change, it's important to look at every angle. I will keep these ideas in mind when I look to make change. What do you do when reflecting on change?

No comments:

Post a Comment