Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What better project while home alone on a Saturday night than baking? I'm not sure there is one!

Thinking about what I can scrap together without going to the store, my first thought is chocolate chips. And, like magic, I have two perfectly ripe and mashable bananas. So, to Google we go for a recipe.

After reading through a few, and not having ingredients for some, I stumble upon a blog post called 'The Last Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe You'll Ever Need.' Screaming to be made, right?

First things first,
assemble ingredients.
 

dry.
*Sarah's recipe calls for mini-chocolate chips. I had regular, milk chocolate, and used about 1 1/4 cups. 

wet.
 *Sarah's recipe calls for buttermilk. I didn't have buttermilk so used almond milk instead.

mix.
*Sarah's recipe used three mini loaf pans, which I do have, but don't know what to do with three mini loafs, so made one normal sized. Now, come to think of it, I could have made three mini loafs, and frozen two ... shoot.

bake.

eat.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mal, Ooh, I would love to have a piece. By the way, just add 1 tsp of lemon juice to some regular milk to make it work like buttermilk/sour milk. Or do what you did, it came out great. Grandma

    ReplyDelete