Weekly Cooking Projects

Saturday, March 24, 2012

This week we tried to get back into our usual routine of cooking at home. We typically only eat out once, maybe twice a week, and cook at home the rest of the time. I won't take too much credit either, Dave really is the chef in this house.

On Wednesday I told Dave that I really wanted fish for dinner. We ate so much delicious sea food on our trip in Florida, and haven't been able to enjoy that since we've been back in Chicago. So, I left it in his hands, and came home to this.
Yes, whole fish. The thought of cooking this at home was scary, to me. Dave thought it was more like a trip back to our honeymoon where we enjoyed a lot of whole fish. There have been few times that he has really screwed up dinner, so I put my faith in his hands, or grill in this case, and relaxed until dinner was served.
It was a beautiful, unseasonably warm, record breaking week here in the city. How could we resist not cooking out on the balcony?! (Weather doesn't really stop him normally. We grill 365 days a year, rain, snow, sun, doesn't matter, Dave's grilling.)

The fish was delicious! I did not eat mine whole. Being the good husband that he is, Dave disassembled mine, thus the two fish heads on his plate.

On Friday we didn't experiment too much, but made a side dish in a different way than normal. One of the husbands' favorite chicken dishes, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. I handled the potatoes, and Dave manned the grill with chicken and corn.
For the potatoes we used a mixed bag of red, gold, and blue potatoes - red, white and blue potatoes! I wouldn't say they have the best presentation, but they sure tasted delicious. (Probably due to the amount of butter, and garlic powder - yum!




If you're curious about recipies, prep, or cooking, send me a line, and I'll let you know how we did it.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment